Blogging has become so mainstream it is fading away to more modern media, not with some drawbacks. With some enhancements, we can have the best of both worlds.
- With SMS, IM and now Twitter becoming more and more predominant : ideas might be given as bullet points
- A presentation is much more dense in meaning than a big blob of text, Less time is required to read the post and be inspired by the content
- Blogging is much less time consuming. As Jeff Artwood said Quantity Always Trumps Quality, it is the commitment that is important (hence the schedule).
- You might divide a long article in several short and related posts.
- Blog articles are usually a medium-depth analysis of a problem whereas presentation are usually a written support of a more detailed oral presentation.
- Presentation sentences are usually hard to understand since they are just headlines without the underlying context.
- You can always do a fast-reading version by putting the important sentences in bold for all those hasty readers.
- Longer don't always mean more interesting. Voltaire said
Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time.and Antoine de Saint-Exupery completed
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away..
As concluded by Pascal,
I made this letter longer than usual because I
lack the time to make it shorter, a good and terse article
is therefore much more difficult to achieve. Therefore
Presentation Style Blogging may be a false good idea.